Meet Dr. Bronsky
Meet Dr. Bronsky
- Born August 11, 1961 in Binghamton, New York.
- 1979: Graduated from Binghamton Central High School (a proud “Bulldog”), participating in Varsity Tennis, STHA Ice Hockey, Key Club, Yearbook, Mathletes, and served as the Sports Editor of the school Newspaper, Panorama.
- 1983: Graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Trinity College with a Bachelor of Science/Honors in Biology. While at Trinity, Dr. Bronsky participated in endocrinology research on the effects of various steroid hormones on brain development. Junior Varsity LaCrosse, ad-hoc producer of U2 concert and Semi-finalist in the Rhodes Scholarship competition.
- 1987: Graduated from the University of Alabama School of Dentistry as salutatorian. Achieved a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree with the distinction of induction into Omicron Kappa Upsilon – the National Dental Honor Society. Throughout his time at UAB, Dr. Bronsky participated in endocrinology research, studying the role of bone phosphoproteins in the bone mineralization process. Dr. Bronsky was President of the UAB School of Dentistry Student Government, appointee to the UAB College of Presidents, and a special appointee to the UAB presidential search committee.
- 1989: Earned a Certificate in Orthodontics and a Master of Science Degree (MS) in Endocrinology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry. Portions of his master’s thesis were published in the Journal of Bone and Mineral and the Journal of Endocrinology.
- 1990: Spent a fellowship year in Europe studying and lecturing at a multitude of orthodontic programs (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, England, Ireland, Germany and Switzerland) under the auspices of William R. Proffit, DDS, PhD, Dr. Bronsky’s Professor/Chairman at UNC, thesis advisor and mentor.
- 1999: Achieved the status of Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics culminating nine years of study and patient care with the presentation of some of his most difficult cases to the American Board Examiners. Dr. Bronsky did the Boards the “hard way” with the most stringent requirements.
- 2006: Earned induction into the Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists – a group committed to lifelong education in the art and science of orthodontics. Dr. Bronsky is the only orthodontist in Manhattan to be inducted into the Angle Society that is not a full- or part-time academician. His entry was the culmination of six years of advanced study including clinical case presentations and original research investigating the esthetic effects of orthodontics on the human face.
- 2012: Elected to membership of the American College of Dentists and inducted as a “Fellow of the American College of Dentists” (F.A.C.D) in San Francisco. The Mission of the American College of Dentists is to “…advance excellence, ethics, professionalism, and leadership in dentistry”. Founded in 1920, the ACD is the oldest major honorary organization for dentists. According to the ACD website: “Its members have exemplified excellence through outstanding leadership and exceptional contributions to dentistry and society”. Dr. Bronsky looks forward to positively contributing to the ACD and all that it offers to the dental profession.
1990 – Present, Clinical Attending and Lecturer in Orthodontics:
Dr. Mark J. Bronsky has had the honor and privilege of serving as a faculty member at the Cornell University Medical Center since 1990. As a Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery at the Weil Cornell Medical Center and an Assistant Attending in Orthodontics at The New York Presbyterian Hospital, Dr. Bronsky is an active member of the Cornell Craniofacial Program. Dr. Bronsky is in charge of diagnosing and formulating orthodontic and surgical treatment plans for patients with dentofacial deformities. The multi-disciplinary team with which he collaborates includes professionals from the Departments/Divisions of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Pediatric Dentistry, Maxillofacial Prosthodontics, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Otorhinolaryngology (ENT), Genetics, Plastic Surgery, Speech and Language Pathology, and several other important disciplines. Additionally, at Cornell, Dr. Bronsky has been continually involved in teaching orthodontic diagnosis and treatment of patients with dentofacial deformities to dentists in the General Practice Residency (GPR) and in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS) Residency via both lectures and direct clinical instruction.
- The Mount Sinai Medical Center (New York))
- Beth Israel Medical Center (New York
- St. Luke’s/Roosevelt Hospital Center
Dr. Bronsky frequently lectures nationally and internationally on subjects including:
- Treatment of Dentofacial Deformities (DFD)
- Early Treatment of Children (Phase I/Interceptive Therapy)
- Adult Orthodontics
- Esthetic Orthodontics
- Surgical Orthodontics
- Computer Applications in Orthodontics
- Surgical Orthodontics- The role and function of Orthodontics in complex, multi-disciplinary dental reconstruction and care
- Endocrinology research (Master’s thesis) in the involvement of estrogen in bone remodeling. Portions of his thesis were published in the Journal of Bone and Mineral and the Journal of Endocrinology.
- Effect of orthodontics on the long-term facial esthetics of patients.
- Testing Accuracy of Computer Generated 3-D CAD models for placement/bonding of orthodontic appliances.
The Great Exemplar
The Great Educator
William R. Proffit, DDS, PhD utilizes the Socratic method to teach his residents how to thoroughly think through a diagnosis and to define treatment options for individuals. He inspired us to improve the health of our patients and to pursue teaching as a means of staying professionally honest and current.
Dr. Proffit has also been a profoundly important role model to me throughout my professional life as a living example of the quintessential family man and solid friend. His strength of character is a daily inspiration to me and always will be thus.
The Great Pioneer
- First exposure to rock & roll: My father’s 8-Track tape player in his 1969 Dodge Charger where “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” and CSNY’s “Déjà Vu” were played until the tapes failed. The earth moved. Music gripped my heart and has never let go.
- Official Soul Mate: Jodi. With her quick wit and deep honesty, she is a complete match for me right down to her top 10 rock album picks. My personal web designer at SignatureDesign.com, office designer, organic baker and mother of our boys.
- Little Roadies: Our boys, Jack and Mick. They are diligent students, sports lovers and excellent company.
- Being Dad: Hiking, biking, ice skating, skiing and baseball, baseball, baseball.
- Exercise to the max at the crack of dawn: running, biking, and a solid attempt at swimming.