Smile For a Lifetime
Smile For a Lifetime
Who We Are
Smile for a Lifetime Foundation is a charitable non-profit organization that provides orthodontic care to individuals who may not have the opportunity to acquire assistance. Launched in 2008, Smile for a Lifetime Foundation aims to reach individuals with financial challenges, special situations, and orthodontic needs. The Foundation sponsors the orthodontic care of hundreds of patients each year. Smile for a Lifetime Foundation has participating orthodontists throughout the US. Each chapter has its own local Board of Directors who choose patients treated by the Foundation.
At Smile for a Lifetime Foundation it is our mission to create self confidence, inspire hope, and change the lives of children in our community in a dramatic way. The gift of a smile can do all this for a deserving, underserved individual who, in turn, can use this gift to better themselves and our community.
Dr. Mark Bronsky is a graduate of the University of Alabama School of Dentistry and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry where he specialized in Orthodontics. He is founder of the New York City Chapter of Smile for a Lifetime Foundation. He is a current Board member of the National Smile for a Lifetime. He is an orthodontic specialist and owner of Bronsky Orthodontics for 20 years in New York City, NY.
Board of Directors
Our Board Members are as diverse as the communities we serve; however, leadership and passion for the community improvements are characteristics they all share.
How to Apply
To become a candidate, interested patients must complete (or have completed for them) a Smile for a Lifetime Foundation application that is available only online here.
- Applicant must fill out and submit application and applicant questionnaire. Both should be submitted electronically.
- Letters of Recommendation are mandatory. Please do not submit more than two letters, and limit each reference letter to one page each. Must be written by; school, church or community leaders that know the applicant.
- Applications must be submitted with an attached, clear, photograph of the applicant’s full smile with teeth showing.
- Your application, letters of reference and pictures will not be returned to you and will become property of Smile for a Lifetime foundation.
- The applicant must be a resident of the New York City area
- Must be between the ages of 11-16
- Must have a significant functional need for braces
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must be a currently enrolled in school
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude
- Must agree to follow the treatment plan and demonstrate the ability and commitment to make all appointments on time
- Must show involvement and leadership in extracurricular activities.
- Applications will be reviewed following an August 1, 2016 Deadline for submission.
Submit your completed application, applicant questionnaire, photo, and letters of recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions call 212-758-0040 or email: email@example.com.
Applications that do not meet the above criteria will not be voted on by our Board of Directors. Our Board of Directors will meet biannually to make their selections.